CentralUniSent for Microsoft Exchange 2007
Current version: 184.108.40.206
Suppose that Outlook user John Doe has access to his personal mailbox and also has right to send as additional mailboxes (usually "Info" <email@example.com>, "Sales" <firstname.lastname@example.org> etc.) on Exchange server.
When he sends an e-mail from these mailboxes the message goes into his personal mailbox Sent items folder.
CentralUniSent utility ensures that the message sent with the non-personal From address will be moved to the Sent Items folder of the mailbox the message was sent from.
Also you can easily see who was the original author of the message.
The application is an Exchange store event sink.
- The application is server-centric, so you do not need to install any extra software on the client side
- You can enable/disable moving of Sent items for each mailbox individually via CentralUniSent2007Setup.exe user interface
On your Exchange 2007 Server computer:
- Create a new mailbox-enabled user account and make sure it's mailbox alias is CUSTEST1.
- Create a new mailbox-enabled user account and make sure it's mailbox alias is CUSTEST2.
You should create these accounts for test purposes only, so you can delete them after you satisfy yourself with the fact that the application is actually works.
- Run Exchange Management Console. Navigate to Recipient Configuration > Mailbox and select CUSTEST2, right-click and select Properties. Select the "MailFlow Setting" tab. Select "Delivery Options" in the list and click the Properties button.
Click "Add..." button and add CUSTEST1.
Click "OK" to close the "Delivery Options" dialog. Click "OK" to close the account properties dialog.
- Create or select another mailbox-enabled user account (let's name it "CUAdmin") that is a member of the Domain Admins and Domain Users security groups. That account must have full permissions on the all mailbox stores. Open Exchange Management Shell and execute
Get-MailboxDatabase | add-adpermission -user CUAdmin -accessRights GenericAll
Log on as CUAdmin to your Exchange 2007 Server computer.
- Create C:\Program Files\CentralUniSent\ directory. Download CentralUniSent2007-Demo archive file to C:\Program Files\CentralUniSent\ directory and extract all files.
- Run C:\Program Files\CentralUniSent\CentralUniSent2007Setup.exe. Click "Install" button in "COM+ object" frame.
- Click "Check All" button in "Mailbox stores" frame. Click "Change" button. Make sure that "Status: started." string appears in the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to "Mailboxes" frame. Select CUSTEST1 mailbox in the list and check it. Click "Change" button.
Make sure that yellow arrow appears before CUSTEST1 in "Display Name" column. Also note that red-crossed arrow sign is before CUSTEST2.
- Click "Exit" button.
- Using Outlook, open CUSTEST1 mailbox. Make sure that Cached Exchange Mode is on. Create a message and enable the From: field. Populate the From: field with CUSTEST2 and To: field with CUSTEST1. Place something like "CentralUniSent test 1" to the Subject line and send the message. Navigate to Sent items folder. The message you've just sent will disappear in a few seconds.
- Using Outlook, open CUSTEST2 mailbox. Navigate to Sent items folder. The message that has been sent in the previous step is here.
(Outlook 2003 and earlier) Open View menu. Select Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View...
(Outlook 2007) Open View menu. Select Current View > Customize Current View...
Click Fields... button. Select All document fields from the list on bottom left corner of the form. Select Author field in the Available fields: list and press Add button. Click OK button to close Show Fields window. Click OK button to close View Summary window. Author column will be populated with CUSTEST1, as CUSTEST1 is the original author of this message.
We have tested CentralUniSent with Exchange 2007 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition SP2 and on Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition.
You should set on Outlook Cached Exchange Mode to allow CentralUniSent to move the sent items.
You cannot use CentralUniSent when you run Outlook on Windows Terminal Services or on Citrix. You might consider using our client-side utility named UniSent then.
- Start C:\Program Files\CentralUniSent\CentralUniSent2007Setup.exe. Navigate to "Mailboxes" frame. Click "Uncheck all" button. Click "Change" button.
- Navigate to "Mailbox stores" frame. Click "Uncheck all" button. Click "Change" button.
- Navigate to "COM+ object" frame. Click "Uninstall" button. Click "Exit" button to close CentralUniSent2007Setup.exe.
- Delete CUSTEST1 and CUSTEST2 accounts.
About this demo version
CentralUniSent demo version works only for additional mailboxes whose names include "TEST".
The full version has no limitations.
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
Just visit our Customer Care Center.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries