Updated: Updated: 13-September-2005
Read Receipt Remover for MS Exchange 2000/2003 application (RRR) can remove the read receipt request from each inbound e-mail message delivered to default Inbox folder of user's personal mailbox. So the Read Notification will never be sent back to the message originator.
The application is an Exchange store synchronous event sink.
There is a bug in Outlook 2002 that results in a read-receipt being sent without a prompt under certain conditions (click here for details). RRR can solve this problem globally.
On your Exchange Server computer:
1.Create a new mail-enabled user account and make sure it's mailbox alias is RRRTEST
2. Select (or create) user account that is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users and Exchange Domain Servers security groups. That account must have full permissions on the mailbox store. Open ESM (Exchange System Manager) and drill down to the mailbox store in question. Now open the properties and select the Security tab. Add your account and allow full control.
See also these MS articles:
Exchange 2000 Permissions Required to Configure an Event Sink
How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000
How to Assign Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2003
3. Log on as that user.
4. Create C:\Program Files\RRR\ directory.
5. Download RRR-demo.zip archive file to C:\Program Files\RRR\ directory and extract all files.
6. Run C:\Program Files\RRR\RRRsetup.exe
7. Check Install COM+ object checkbox. Place the #2 account name (using <domain>\<account> syntax) and password in the appropriate fields. Click CHANGE button.
8. Select in the the first (upper) list the RRRTEST mailbox and check Register in the following Mailboxes checkbox. Click CHANGE button. (THIS DEMO VERSION SHOWS ONLY *TEST* MAILBOXES - see "About this demo version" below.) RRRTEST mailbox will be placed in the second (lower) listbox.
9. Click Exit button.
1. Using Outlook, create a new message, click View -> Options and check "Request a read receipt for this message".
2. Send this message to RRRTEST.
3. Read the message as RRRTEST.
4. Make sure a read receipt has not been sent to originator.
RRR has been tested with Exchange 2000 SP1/SP2/SP3 on MS Windows 2000 Advanced server.
It also can run with Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003.
1. Start C:\Program Files\RRR\RRRsetup.exe
2. Select all strings in the second mailbox list and mark Unregister from the following mailboxes checkbox.
3. Mark Uninstall COM+ object checkbox.
4. Press CHANGE button. After uninstallation is complete, press Exit button.
About this demo version.
RRR demo version works only for mailboxes whose names include "TEST".
Other mailboxes are unavailable. Also you can not register this demo version for all maiboxes at once (store-wide). Full product version has no limitations.
Q. If I manage to apply RRR to the whole Information Store, is RRR then automatically applied to future users and mailboxes that are created?
A. Definitely yes.
Q. If we have a user send an email to another user on the SAME Exchange 2000
server, will the read receipt be suppressed?
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
A. Just visit our Customer Care Center.
There is a freeware solution that allows you to remove read receipt requests
only from external ingoing Internet messages.
Take a look at How to remove read requests on the server article on Vamsoft web site.
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other firstname.lastname@example.org|