This utility is a helper application for ChooseFrom for Exchange 2000/2003.
Review these articles:
Suppose your Exchange server supports two e-mail domains: @companyA.com and @companyB.com. User Joh Doe has two e-mail addresses: johndoe@companyA.com
(primary address) and johndoe@companyB.com.
He can receive messages sent to both of these addresses. When sending a new message, the user can select which email address should appear in the from field, as ChooseFrom applicaton allows him to do that.
Problem: John Doe does not want to put "smtp:johndoe@companyB.com" string in the 'Have replies sent to:" field each time he send a message as johndoe@companyB.com.
Solution: SmartFrom allows just type "smtp:johndoe@companyB.com" in the From field or click "From:" button and select that address from the Personal address book.
SmartFrom is an Outlook COM add-in.
1. Open Outlook as John Doe and create a new e-mail message.
2. Place smtp:firstname.lastname@example.org to the From field and Test1 to the Subject field.
You can also place John Doe <smtp:email@example.com> there.
3. Place in the To: field any address you can control and send the message.
4. Navigate to the Sent Items folder and find the message you have just sent.
5. Open it. Select View -> Options.
6. Make sure the "Have replies sent to:" field is filled with:
I have tested SmartFrom with Outlook 2000/2002/2003.
SmartFrom can work correctly only if Redemption library is installed.
About this version.
This version of SmartFrom utility is fully functional.
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other firstname.lastname@example.org|