See also SpamMover for Exchange 2000/2003 application
This application can delete the expired messages from any specified folder in each user's mailbox. You set the number of days you want the messages available, and after that, they are gone.
Alternatively the messages from user's personal folders can be moved to a special central mailbox for checking later.
Built-in scheduler option is useful for deleting/moving messages overnight.
In particular, this program might be useful for cleaning up the Spam or Junk mail folders of Exchange users to make them more manageable.
The application is an Exchange system event sink.
On your Exchange 2000 Server computer:
1. Create a new mail-enabled user account and make sure it's mailbox alias is SMTEST
2. Open Outlook and create a top-level folder named Spam in SMTEST mailbox.
3. Select (or create) user account that is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users and Exchange Domain Servers security groups.
That account must have full permissions on the mailbox store. Open ESM (Exchange System Manager) and drill down to the mailbox store in question. Now open the properties and select the Security tab. Add your account and allow full control.
See also these MS articles:
Exchange 2000 Permissions Required to Configure an Event Sink
How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000
How to Assign Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange Server 2003
4. Log on as that user.
5. Create C:\Program Files\SpamCleanUp\ directory.
6. Download SpamCleanUp-Demo.zip archive file to C:\Program Files\SpamCleanUp\ directory and extract all files.
7. Run C:\Program Files\SpamCleanUp\SpamCleanUpSetup.exe
8. Check Install COM+ object checkbox. Place the #2 account name (using <domain>\<account> syntax) and password in the appropriate fields.
Click CHANGE button.
9. Please fill the following fields:
Folder name - place here a name of user's folder contains the expired messages to be deleted or moved.
Mark Include subfolders checkbox if you wish to delete/move the expired messages in all subfolders.
Messages age limit - handle messages that are older than the number of days you specify.
Select Delete expired messages permanently option to delete messages that have already expired.
If you prefer to move the expired messages to the central location, click Browse button and select a target mailbox.
Send report to - place here an e-mail address of report recipient.
Run - select a day of week to run SpamCleanUp.
Start time - specify time to run. Application can run only once a day.
After settings are completed, check Modify parameters checkbox and click CHANGE button.
10. Select in the first (upper) list the SMTEST mailbox and check Register in the following Mailboxes checkbox (THIS DEMO VERSION SHOWS ONLY *TEST* MAILBOXES - see "About this demo version" below).
Click CHANGE button. SMTEST mailbox will be placed in the second (lower) listbox.
11. Click Exit button.
1. Using Outlook, open SMTEST mailbox. Copy any old message to the Spam folder.
2. Start SpamCleanUpSetup.exe and change the start time to run the program immediately (I.e. if your system time is 2:40 PM, specify start time 2:41 PM). Check Modify parameters checkbox and click CHANGE button.
3. See if the message in Spam folder is deleted or moved, depends on your settings.
Note that SpamCleanUp handles the messages based on the date and time received.
We have tested SpamCleanUp with Exchange 2000 SP1/SP2/SP3 on MS Windows 2000 Advanced server.
1. Start C:\Program Files\SpamCleanUp\CleanUpSetup.exe
2. Select all strings in the second mailbox list and mark Unregister from the following mailboxes checkbox.
3. Mark Uninstall COM+ object checkbox.
4. Press CHANGE button. After uninstallation is complete, press Exit button.
About this demo version.
SpamCleanUp demo version works only for mailboxes whose names include "TEST".
Other mailboxes are unavailable. Full product version has no limitations.
Q. When I run the spamcleanupsetup.exe file, I get the little window asking if I agree to the terms, I click on "yes" and the app exits and nothing further happens.
A. Please make sure the MSSTDFMT.DLL file exists on your Exchange server computer. If you can not find it, start C:\Program Files\SpamCleanUp\regMSSTDFMT.cmd and see if that helps.
Q. I know we can apply SpamCleanUp “store-wide”, but can we apply it to all message stores on a server with multiple stores?
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
A. Just visit our Customer Care Center.
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other email@example.com|